Thursday, June 11, 2009

Accomplishing a Goal: Being Interviewed

At the start of 2009, I sat down a put together my goals for the year - both personal and professional.

Here are my three professional goals for the year:

  • Speak to an audience of 300 people, helping them laugh while learning there is hope for their finances and their lives.
  • Publish an article.
  • Be a guest on a show or interviewed for an article.
I was able to begin writing articles and publishing them through a variety of online outlets pretty quick. If you want to see anything I've written, check out Ezinearticles.com, BeyondPastDue.com, LukasCoaching.com, 48Days.net, and Inside919.com.

I wasn't too sure how I'd get around to accomplishing the first and the third goals at the start of the year, but fortunately a few things have fallen into place for me.

Robert Finch with SPOEG.com contacted me two weeks ago to discuss interviewing me for a show he puts together for financial professionals. Last week Robert interviewed me from California (it was 6:00 AM on the west coast, so I give him kudos for getting up early!). Over the next four weeks a five-minute segment of the interview will be released, and the full show will be available in a month.

We talked about what led me into helping people take control of their money and their lives, what it means to be viewed as an expert in your field, and how I help other professionals by helping their clients.

No comments: